Re: st: tabulate produces inconsistent output?

Subject   Re: st: tabulate produces inconsistent output?
Date   Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:51:30 -0500

At 11:28 AM 11/21/2011, Christian Raschke wrote:
Thanks for the answer. I did try a different and I achieve the expected result: -tab- works correctly. Also, a new Stata session on the same machine produces the expected result: -tab- works correctly. Even slightly different syntax in the same broken session (e.g. adding a subsetting if statement) works as expected.

But the fact that something went very wrong and now I cannot reproduce it is precisely what worries me. I would at least like to know what happened to be sure to avoid that in the future.

Thanks for all replies. Unless someone else has a hunch I will probably end up taking up the issue with State Tech support.

Christian

If I couldn't reproduce a problem on another machine I would be worried about my machine. You might have a bad memory chip or some other problem. Also consider uninstalling and re-installing Stata from scratch. Or, check out

http://www.stata.com/support/installation-qualification/

"The Stata Installation Qualification Tool (IQT) verifies that Stata has been installed properly and that any subsequent software updates are also installed properly. The Stata IQT currently exists for Windows and Mac operating systems. This version of the Stata IQT is designed for use with Stata 12 and will not work with earlier versions of Stata. If you have Stata 11 and wish to use the Stata IQT, please <http://www.stata.com/support/installation-qualification/11/>visit the Stata IQT for Stata 11 download page."