Re: st: means compairison with weights and unequal variance

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: means compairison with weights and unequal variance
Date   Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:02:25 +0000

You may be better off analysing your outcome variable on a transformed
scale, either directly or using a link function through -glm-. -glm-
can use aweights.

Note also the possibility of -regress outcome treatvar- with aweights.

You seem to be relying on significance test results to tell you about
basic characteristics of your data. Something like -dotplot outcome
treatvar- would be a useful supplement.

Barbro Widerstedt [edited to use Statalist conventions]