Re: st: tabulate produces inconsistent output?

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: tabulate produces inconsistent output?
Date   Sat, 19 Nov 2011 16:17:04 -0500

At 02:42 PM 11/19/2011, Christian Raschke wrote:
Hello Stata-listers,

I am running into the following very odd problem: I have a factor variable that I would like to tabulate, but every time I use tab, I get different results. When running tab back to back on the same variable in the same data set I get entirely different results every time.

My first guess is that your installation of Stata is corrupted or not up to date. Have you tried running your analyses on a different machine? Have you checked that your version of Stata is up to date? From within Stata, type

update all

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu