st: RE: .tab list showing numbers in exponential form. Can that be changed?

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: .tab list showing numbers in exponential form. Can that be changed?
Date   Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:13:58 +0000

Try -groups- (SSC) if necessary with a change in display format for the variable to some %f format.

-groups- uses -list- for its display and -list- is sensitive to display format.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Ben Hoen

I have ids for a table that are 8 or 9 digits (format long%12.0g) (e.g.,
"72009070" of " "720110701".

To quickly inspect what ids are present I use .tab <id>. The table shows
those ids using exponential notation (e.g., "7.20e+07") for all ids, and
therefore I cannot differentiate which is which.

Is there a way to force the table to list the ids in non-exponential form?
Alternatively, can I use another command to do the same thing.