st: expanding observations

From   behailu ayele <bbezabih@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: expanding observations
Date   Fri, 18 Nov 2011 09:53:03 +0000

Dear Statalisters,

I have a variable that has observations for the year 2009 but that has
empty entry for the previous year. What I want to do is fill in the
missing observations in 2008 with exactly those in 2009.  As you could
imagine, it will be tideous to do that by hand and I was wondering if
there is a smart way of doing that in stata.

Thankyou
Behailu