st: RE: RE: Replacing the missing observations

From   "Gokhan Yilmaz" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Replacing the missing observations
Date   Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:06:18 -0500

Thanks Dr. Cox,

I ran the command as you suggested and read the FAQ. However, I could not
figure out why it worked for only some of the time values. It replaced a
zero for the ewdiffret instead of the actual values in 2007m6 through
2007m12 and 2008m2. I had tsset the data but I also tried it after "tsset,
clear" and the same thing happened.  For the other time values it worked
perfectly. Also it may seem like I am trying to replace for only one
observation in a given month but indeed there are around 345 observations
for each month to be replace with the same ewdiffret value in that given
month.

group	time   ewportret   ewdiffret
0	2007m4	.041679
1	2007m4	.0375245	-.0041545