st: way to control for repeated measures when using svy: commands?

From   "Lima, Julie" <>
Subject   st: way to control for repeated measures when using svy: commands?
Date   Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:40:02 -0500

Does anyone know a way to control for repeated measures while using
svy procedures (Stata 11, or I could switch to 12 if needed)?

I'm using a multi-wave survey with a complex sampling design, and so
my analysis requires the use of the svy procedures.  Individuals were
eligible for our study if they met inclusion criteria at either Wave 1
or Wave 2.  Of the 2513 people who met the study criteria, 594 met
them at both Waves 1 and 2, and therefore were included in our sample
twice, resulting in a sample size of 3107 observations.   When using
regular logit in Stata, I would control for the repeated measures
using ', cluster(personid)'  but this is not allowed with the svy
procedures.  Is there another way?

Thanks for the help,
Julie Lima
Julie Lima, MPH, PhD
Senior Research Analyst
Brown University
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research
Providence, RI

Mailing Address
1316 Old Oak Trail
Flower Mound, TX 75028