RE: st: FW: ML for logit/ologit

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: FW: ML for logit/ologit
Date   Wed, 16 Nov 2011 11:12:21 +0000

A bug in -ml- to do with the handling of powers would indeed be serious, but your posting has been overtaken by (what seems to be) a clear resolution of Thomas's problem, namely that the bug is his and his alone.

The correct spelling of Stata is "Stata". Please use it.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Yuval Arbel

Nick,

Obviously, my advice is based on my own subjective experience. I
personally finds the work in MATLAB more convenient in the cases that
I have to define non-linear functions - and I even published a paper
with non-linear procedures I ran on MATLAB. I believe that the wisdom
is to exploit the specific advantages of each statistical package.
There are many other cases where I prefer working with STATA.

Moreover, if the bug is not a syntax error - I believe this is a very
serious bug - because it means the program does not know to identify
the very basic sign of power