Re: st: Quantum mechanics in Stata

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: Quantum mechanics in Stata
Date   Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:48:37 -0500

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)
<> wrote:
> Stas - There is an article by Jesse Frey in the American Statistician May, 2007 "Is an .833 Hitter Better Than a .338 Hitter?" that elaborates on your baseball example.

Um... it is rather the other way around: I reproduced the example
because it stuck in my head, but for the life of me, I would not
remember where I would have read about it! Thanks for the cite, Al!

Stas Kolenikov, also found at