st: RE: Programmatically access graph scheme colour list?

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: Programmatically access graph scheme colour list?
Date   Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:57:46 +0000

I think the short answer is "No", but there is at least one work-around.

Consider

webuse grunfeld, clear

line invest mvalue kstock year if company == 1 , pstyle(p1 p2 p3) name(g1)
line invest kstock year if company == 1 , pstyle(p1 p3) name(g2)

graph combine g1 g2

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Brendan Halpin

Is it possible to programmatically access the colour list in a graph
scheme?

For instance, I want to follow this graph:
. line y1 y2 y3 x
with
. line y2 x
but to have the y2 line drawn with the same colour in each graph, and
for that colour to depend on the active scheme.

I'm currently faking this by copying the colour list into my code:

local cl : word `i' of navy maroon forest_green dkorange [...]
line y`i' x, clcolor(`cl')

but that is clearly not robust.