RE: st: RE: submatrix

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: submatrix
Date   Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:10:39 +0000

Yes; Stata can only regard it as an error if you refer to rows and/or columns that don't exist.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of behailu ayele
Sent: 15 November 2011 10:56
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: submatrix

Nick,

Thanks very much. I now went to matrix extraction and I think know my
problem, now. My estimation result reads only as row. Whatever I want
to extract,, it works when I specify as one row and any number of
columns. What I mean is, it works when I do either of these:

matrix A = b[1, "b1".."b9"]

matrix A = b[1, "a1".."a9"]

but it says conformability error whenever I do

matrix A = b[1..2, "a1".."a9"]

I am thinking I need to restructure my estimation result such that it
is a proper matrix to begin with (with 9 by 9 dimension) and not just
a matrix with one row and several columns.

Thankyou again.

behailu