st: model specification

From   Jet <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: model specification
Date   Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:24:27 -0500

Hello, we have a model specification question and would appreciate any
suggestions. If the outcome measures the college graduates' debt
burden (ratio of monthly loan payment to monthly income), and we'd
like to see what factors predict their debt burden a couple of years
after graduation. Does it make sense to include financial aid
variables (grants, merit aid, loans they received during undergrad) as
predictors, given that they are a part of the outcome?  Would it raise
any endogeneity issue?