Re: st: Applying specific aweight to each explanatory variable

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Applying specific aweight to each explanatory variable
Date   Sat, 12 Nov 2011 23:33:29 -0500

Austin,

If the poster is worried about measurement error in the predictors, then -eivreg-  is a direct approach.  But Alice Whittemore showed long ago that the shrinkage estimator you suggested was a good general solution.

Whittemore, A. S. (1989). Errors-in-variables regression using Stein estimates. American Statistician, 226-228.

Steve