Re: st: Machine spec for 70GB data, Summary

From   George Leckie <>
Subject   Re: st: Machine spec for 70GB data, Summary
Date   Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:15:39 +0000

Dear Gindo,

Jeroen mentioned runmlwin, a new command we have written for running multilevel models in MLwiN from within Stata.

I see that you are a UK based academic. This means that you can download the full working version of MLwiN for free (thanks to the ESRC). (Non-UK academics can play around with a 30-day free version of MLwiN.)

There are lots of examples of fitting cross-classified models in MLwiN, via runmlwin, both by maximum likelihood (e.g. like xtmixed) and by MCMC. Note that MCMC is recommended for large cross-classified models in MLwiN.

Best wishes