RE: st: xthtaylor by hand or using xtivreg2

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: xthtaylor by hand or using xtivreg2
Date   Thu, 10 Nov 2011 11:29:32 +0000

Those are all names of temporary variables used within a program and which disappear at program end.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of M.M. Kramer
Sent: 10 November 2011 11:22
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: xthtaylor by hand or using xtivreg2

Dear Mark,

The xtoverid works very well, thanks a lot for your help. It now gives
first stage results for all instrumented variables, and given that all
variables are instrumented, I get many first stage results, including
some useful statistics. My only question is whether there is an easy way
to see which variable is behind the "recoded" variable that xtoverid
creates (with names like: __00000J __00000M __00000P __00000S __00000V,
etc). I was thinking to correlate them with the original variables to
see whether something can be inferred from that, but the new variables
are not kept in Stata. Do you have any suggestion for this?

Thanks,
Marc