st: Unbalanced to Balanced panel

From   Vinod Mishra <>
Subject   st: Unbalanced to Balanced panel
Date   Tue, 8 Nov 2011 17:08:01 +1100

Dear All,

I am a new member to Statalist and this is my first post. I have been searching and using information from statalist from last few years. My question is as follows:

I have an unbalanced panel data and I want to make it balanced, such that I am left with the biggest possible 'N X T' balanced panel. Is there a stata program that automatically does that ?

I am aware of stfill and xtbalance. But I don't think they do, what I want to do.