re: Re: st: RE: How to identify patterns of cyclicality using STATA?

From   Christopher Baum <kit.baum@bc.edu>
Subject   re: Re: st: RE: How to identify patterns of cyclicality using STATA?
Date   Mon, 7 Nov 2011 16:56:23 -0500

<>
Natasha said in response to Nick:

"That was very helpful.  Thanks.  But here is one additional
complication in this specific example.  The cycles are not always in
symmetry, i.e., there are more peaks than troughs."

As it happens I was able to consult with Natasha face-to-face this afternoon, and we came up with a workable strategy to deal with this and other complications that arose in discussing her needs. I will write up a stylized version of that solution as a Stata Tip. Please consider the thread closed.

Kit