Re: st: macro of macros?

From   Maria Ana Vitorino <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: macro of macros?
Date   Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:06:31 -0500

Thank you all for such detailed explanations!
Best,
Ana

On Nov 7, 2011, at 10:02 AM, Nick Cox wrote:

Billy has good advice which repeats some already given in this thread,
but his initial statement deserves a challenge.

1. Stata has fair support for matrices and very good support for
matrices through Mata. Those are _major_ exceptions to the
generalisation in the first sentence.

2. Billy is right that attacking this problem through OOP would be
clunky in Stata. But it would be clunky in almost any language and
crazy in most to set up code for sets of macros in such terms.