st: Multiple Imputation

From   John Ebireri <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Multiple Imputation
Date   Mon, 7 Nov 2011 12:56:39 +0000

Dear Statalist,

I am having a problem with -mi-. I am using Stata version 11.2.

The problems that i am experiencing are in two folds: Firstly, after registering variables with missings as imputed and registering other variables as normal, what variables do i include into the univariate regression? All variables in the data set? Or just the variables i need for a specific model? Because including all the imputed variables as well as the normal variables into the regression brings up a mesage that says : "Option add( ) is required when no imputation exist." How do i specify what number to have in add( ) and rseed(  )?

This leads me to use only one of the registered imputated variables and all the registered normal variables in the univariate regression. I get this message afterwards: "Could not find a filename for temporary flongsep file. I tried _mitmpfile1.dta through _mitmpfile200.dta. Peharps you do not have write permission in the current directory . This may occur, for example, if you started Stata by clicking directly on the Stata executable on a netweork drive. You should make sure you have written permission for the current  directory or use cd to change to a directory that has write permission. Use pwd to determine you current directory." I dont understand how to change to a directory that has write pwermission.