Re: st: white cross-section standard errors

From   Scott Merryman <>
Subject   Re: st: white cross-section standard errors
Date   Mon, 7 Nov 2011 04:15:46 -0600

A Google search of "white diagonal standard errors" brought up this page:

" Another difference is that Stata does not have as many options for
specifying the structure of the error variance-covariance matrix as
Eview does.

When estimating OLS, there are only three options:  (i) conventional
OLS standard errors, (ii) “robust” standard errors -- which is called “White
diagonal” standard errors in Eviews;  and (iii) “Clustered robust” standard
errors -- which is very close to what EViews calls either “White period” or
“White cross-section” standard errors, depending on whether the “cluster”
variable is the cross-sectional (e.g. firm) or time series (e.g. year) variable"