Re: st: excel import issue

From   Gabi Huiber <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: excel import issue
Date   Fri, 4 Nov 2011 16:56:26 -0400

I am having the exact same problem with the latest Stata 12. I get the
r(603) error both on a 64-bit Win 7 machine and on a Mac OS X Lion. I
am trying to open .xls (Excel 97-2003) files. On the Mac, they all
have the permissions set to 777. On the PC, I am running Stata as an
administrator.

The files open fine with Office 2010, and as far as I can tell there's
no strange formatting present in the cell range of interest to me. If
anybody has advice, I'm next in line after Dimitriy.

Thank you,
Gabi