st: sampsize formula

From   Sara Borelli <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: sampsize formula
Date   Thu, 3 Nov 2011 15:11:59 -0400

Hello Statalist members,
I would like to know the exact formula beyond the sampsi command to calculate the sample size of two groups using comparison of means :
sampsi     m1  m2,  sd1()  sd2()  power ()  alpha()
the output gives me the sample size of the two groups, n1 and n2, but I would need the exact mathematical formula
Thanks for any suggestion
Sara Borelli