Re: st: saving -proportion- estimates to a .dta or .csv file

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: saving -proportion- estimates to a .dta or .csv file
Date   Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:26:41 +0100

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Tim Evans wrote:
> I'm trying to save and export the proportion estimates I obtain from using -proportion- into a useable data file, either .csv or .dta.
> How would I return the results from the following code into a data file:
> sysuse auto
> proportion rep78 , over(foreign)

*------- begin example --------
sysuse auto
tab rep78, gen(rep)
collapse (mean) rep?, by(foreign)
*------ end example ----------
(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see: )

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen