Re: st: RE: Re: my probit does not converge in Stata 11

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Re: my probit does not converge in Stata 11
Date   Thu, 03 Nov 2011 12:05:30 -0500

At 10:58 AM 11/3/2011, mlodefalk wrote:
Finding the same problem with probit not converging in Stata 12, getting
stuck on the same log pseudolikelihood (backed up), I wonder whether any
solution has been found for this, either in Stata 11 or 12. Everything works
fine in version 10.
/ Magnus

Did you ever contact Stata Tech Support about it? Anyway, I would try something like

version 10: probit y x1 x2 x3

Or, I might try

probit y x1 x2 x3, difficult

Or, give glm a shot:

glm y x1 x2 x3, family(binomial) link(probit)

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu