st: How to use tobit where the low bounds are not fixed for each observation?

From   Yuval Arbel <yuval.arbel@gmail.com>
Subject   st: How to use tobit where the low bounds are not fixed for each observation?
Date   Wed, 2 Nov 2011 22:01:05 +0200

Dear Statalist Participants,

I am working on land-auction data. The lands are allocated for
apartment construction or single family units. My question refers to
the following two groups:

1. Land auctions with minimum prices (low bounds) where land was
eventually sold
2. Land auctions with minimum prices (low bounds) where land was not
sold (this is the largest group)

I have two questions:

1. Is there any available stata command to run a tobit model where the
low bounds are not fixed? Is there any other procedure for
left-censored data?
2. Is there any possibility to run the first proceudure with the
heckman correction?
--
Dr. Yuval Arbel
School of Business