Re: st: command "merge" can't be used in some Stata version, why?

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: command "merge" can't be used in some Stata version, why?
Date   Wed, 2 Nov 2011 08:50:33 +0000

-merge- has been a built-in command in Stata for several versions.
Unless you are using a _very_ old version, in which case you should
say what it is, you are at best misunderstanding something.

Please, please, do read the Statalist FAQ for advice on formulating
questions. This is only the latest in a series of questions which show
either a failure to consult the online -help- or a failure to ask
precise questions that anyone understood.

Nick