st: A Problem about Random Effects Negative Binomial Model (xtnbreg)

From   Kun-Feng Wu <kxw930@psu.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: A Problem about Random Effects Negative Binomial Model (xtnbreg)
Date   Tue, 1 Nov 2011 19:44:23 -0400

Hi,

I'm running xtnbreg using both STATA10(MP) and 12(SE), and I'm
interested in the predicted number of events.

As I took exponential to the linear prediction (xb) to check the
predicted number of events generated by the postestimation function
(predict count, nu0). The thing I don't understand is that nu0 does
not equal to exp(xb). Moreover, in come cases, xb is greater than nu0.
For example,

count          xb
1.280443 1.851208
1.218648 1.801744
1.127919 1.724376
1.238915 1.818237
1.291304 1.859654
1.422111 1.956144

I'm wondering that did I do anything wrong? or anything else?
Any response would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Ken