Re: st: probable error, "weights invalid" using stset

Subject   Re: st: probable error, "weights invalid" using stset
Date   Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:20:33 -0400

Elizabeth <ebrown@prgs.edu>:
Use first-observed weights, not last, and make sure none are zero or
missing. Or spend some more effort to define exactly what population
you want your analysis sample to be representative of. Also note 2009
PSID data is available.  Also, you have discrete time data, not
continuous time data--people are poor or not in one year, not at each
point in time, at least using US definitions.  So use a discrete time
hazard model; see e.g.
http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/resources/survival-analysis-with-stata-module-ec968