st: kendall's tau or gamma

From   "Abelev, Melissa - FNS" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: kendall's tau or gamma
Date   Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:02:31 +0000

I'm trying to construct a crosstab on weighted, ordinal data.  Stata will d= o the crosstab.  When I try to get the gamma or kendall's tau (or any measu= res of association), it says "option gamma not allowed" (or substitute "gam= ma" for any measure I tried).  Why is this?  I tried the survey function, b= ut gamma and tau aren't options in the measures.  Can anyone provide some l= ight here?  I just need to be able to say whether or not the variables are = associated, and the strength and direction of the relationship...??

Melissa S. Abelev, Ph.D.
Policy Analyst, Office of Research and Analysis
Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
3101 Park Center Dr., 10th Floor
Alexandria, VA 22302