RE: st: Data entry into TeX files (other than tables and graphs)

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Data entry into TeX files (other than tables and graphs)
Date   Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:46:28 +0000

Roger's advice gives good positive suggestions.

A secondary detail remains: Why didn't -outfile- work for Richard? In essence -outfile- requires a varlist, except that without one the entire dataset would be output. Richard's argument e(N) is clearly not a variable name, so is not a varlist. The rather cryptic message does show that -outfile- is trying hard to interpret what Richard writes as a variable name, but it can't turn e(N) into a varlist. Of course, anything you put into a variable first is fair game.

In other contexts, -file- is closer to what Richard is seeking.

Roger B. Newson

This can be done using the -parmest- and -listtab- packages, both
downloadable from SSC. Another possibility is to use the -estout-
package, which you can also download from SSC. I would check the on-line
help for these packages to see which does what you want.