Re: st: How to extract matched sample in psmatch2

From   daniel klein <>
Subject   Re: st: How to extract matched sample in psmatch2
Date   Sun, 30 Oct 2011 22:51:02 +0100

Kenneth, please say where user-written commands come from. You are
using -psmatch2- (from SSC). This is a package and it includes,
besides -psmatch2-,  the programs -pstest- and -psgraph-, as can be
seen by typing

. ssc d psmatch2

or under "Also see" in the help file for -psmatch2-

I guess -pstest- is what you are looking for.

You can answer your question

"[...] With a dichotomous grouping variable, why did Stata use probit
instead of logit which I thought was the default. [..]"

reading the help file for -psmatch2-, that states

    logit use logit instead of the default probit to estimate the
propensity score."

I do not understand what you mean by ".. this kind of model" when you say

"[...] state and region. They are nominal variables and so don't
really belong in this kind of model."

but I have not been working with propensity score matching a lot, so
someone else might have advice. Also note the paragraph "Matching
within strata" in the help file.