st: eclplot - change the order of y-axis variables

From   Sujit Rathod <>
Subject   st: eclplot - change the order of y-axis variables
Date   Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:19:32 -0700 (PDT)

I am using Stata/IC 11.2 on Windows

I am trying to create a dot plot with horizontal confidence intervals using -ecplot- and the horizontal option.

(for those trying to visualize, it will look much like a Forest plot used for meta-analysis, except in my case I want to plot individual variables, not individual studies).

Unfortunately, the default appears to be for the y-axis to list all my variables alphabetically, whereas I want them in the order they are listed in my dataset.

Is there a way I can get -eclplot- to change the order in which the parmid_varname is listed in the plot? Or is there an alternative command that may accomplish this?