RE: st: location of text/textbox in plot

From   "William Buchanan" <william@williambuchanan.net>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: location of text/textbox in plot
Date   Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:17:45 -0700

Hi Elan,

Assuming you are using Stata 12 (since you did not specify otherwise in your
email), you can always use some of the new functions in the graph editor.
If you're planning to add the same text to these graphs you can use the
function that allows you to record changes that you make the in graph editor
and then replay them over the other graphs.  It may be a bit more on the
time consuming side, but it will at least give you a working solution for
now.

- Billy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Cohen, Elan
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 11:13 AM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: RE: st: location of text/textbox in plot

Thank you.  I've read that article before.  While it explains some of
Stata's behavior, it doesn't explain the "choose-a-nice-number routine"
(Stata's words, see -help axis_label_options-) which I believe is what I'm
after.  I'm creating a couple of dozen plots so manually determining the
ranges & labels is not an options.

The way I see it, I either need to understand the choose-a-nice-number
routine (it doesn't seem to be public information) so I can extract the
"nice" ranges or it would convenient to have -ring()- and -position()-
suboptions similar to -legend()-.

- Elan