st: location of text/textbox in plot

From   "Cohen, Elan" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: location of text/textbox in plot
Date   Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:17:50 +0000

I'm trying to add text to the upper left of my scatter plot via the -text()- option.  However, because Stata chooses the x and y ranges to be neat, there's no way for me to know exactly what the minimum x value & maximum y value are.  If I simply choose these values from my data, the text box is always closer to the center than I'd like.

Is there a way to obtain this information from Stata?  Alternatively, is there an option to place the textbox in the upper left?

Thank you,

- Elan

Elan D Cohen, MS
Center for Research on Health Care Data Center
University of Pittsburgh