st: Saving multiple graphs

From   Nicola Winder <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Saving multiple graphs
Date   Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:57:36 +0100

Dear Statalist,

Does anyone know of a way to produce and save a matrix or series of graphs?
I am simply wanting to examine the Q-Q plots of 40 variables and have tried the following:

foreach y of varlist bwkg length pondi hcn man ssn trn  {
qnorm `y'
qui graph export "f:/Nicola/SWS_India2/qnorm.png", replace
    }

The loop works fine but the plots literally flash up and only the last plot is exported. Also these plots are only exploratory and will not be published so the quality does not matter.

Also in R it is possible to use pairwise scatter var1 var2 var3 var4 etc to get a matrix of scatter plots does Stata do anything like this for exploratory purposes?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
(I am using Stata version 11.1 windows XP)

Nicola