Re: st: stata data editor

From   Andrew Dyck <tempmail@andrewdyck.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: stata data editor
Date   Thu, 27 Oct 2011 19:33:25 -0600

Hi Tuki,

You might also consider using ODBC, if you are using windows, and it
sounds like you probably are. If so, you can directly import the data
from Access to Stata using SQL.

local dsn = "dsn_name"
odbc load, exec("SELECT * FROM data_table) dsn("`dsn'")

Obviously, you'll need to setup a data source name (DSN) for your file
first using ODBC, but then you'll be good to go. Allows for
reproducibility and you can even query a subset of the table in your
access DB if need be. See -help odbc- for more info.

Good luck!

Andrew