st: ztnb model

From   sara balestri <>
Subject   st: ztnb model
Date   Thu, 27 Oct 2011 18:54:52 +0200

Dear Stata users,

I'm running a ztnb model on a sample of count data which, by
construction, excludes the possibility of zero counts. Overdispersion
detected in the data.
I have few questions:
1) does exist a nbvargr equivalent command to be applied for nb and
ztnb comparison?
2) my count data do not include zero counts and observations start
with a minum value of 25 for the dependent variable (by definition of
the event analysed) . I'm wondering if a ztnb is the most appropriate
model and/or if it is possible to fix the truncation at that value.
Any suggestion?

Sara Balestri

PhD candidate
Political Science Faculty