RE: st: Successive rounds of a simulation become slower and slower

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Successive rounds of a simulation become slower and slower
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:21:12 -0500

Michael -

I had asked a similar question a couple of years ago. See if

http://www.stata.com/gsearch.php?q=increasing+time+burden&site=stata&client=stata&proxystylesheet=stata&output=xml_no_dtd&restrict=Statalist

and followup posts help you at all.

Al Feiveson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Joerg Luedicke
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:50 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Successive rounds of a simulation become slower and slower

Hi Michael,

I don't think this can be answered without you showing your actual
code. If every simulation run really does the same thing, then the
time increase is linear. Therefore, something must be wrong with your
code and I suspect it has to do with your using several loops and the
stuff that is included/not included in each loop. But as I said, this
is not answerable without seeing what is actually going on.

Also, consider using Stata's -simulate-.

Joerg