RE: st: beta regression

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: beta regression
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:30:05 +0100

The first is a user-written command (-zoib-, SSC). I imagine Maarten will respond if he forgives your not giving him proper credit!

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Jet
Sent: 26 October 2011 14:17
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: beta regression

Thanks to Cam and Nick. Below are the two sets of commands:

 zoib DV predictors, ///
 zeroinflate (predictors)

Question: For the 0<DV<1 model (first line), do we need to
exponentiate the estimated coefficients, and interpret the exp(B) as
changes in odds ratio (of having what value?) or as changes in the
outcome measured as proportion/ratio?

**postestimation.
*proportion conditional on 0 < DV < 1
margins, predict(prcond) at(______)

Question: For the estimated value in the margins in the
post-estimation function [predict(prcond)], do we interpret the ouptut
as the predicted proportion or probability?