Re: st: RE: Multiple endogenous variables IV. Estimating the first stage regression with only a subset of the instruments

From   Nicolai Borgen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Multiple endogenous variables IV. Estimating the first stage regression with only a subset of the instruments
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:08:19 +0200

Thank your for your answer Daniel. In the first-stage, several control variables will be included as well. Thus, the fitted values for x1 and x2 should be less linearly dependent than z1 and z2?

This should be less of a problem if I use living in municpality of school x1 in adolescence (z1b) as an instrument for x1 and distance from municipality of adolescence (z2) as an instrument for x2? Again, estimating the first-stage of x1 using only z1b and the first-stage of x2 using z2?

Best,
Nicolai