st: RE: Command "margin" after Cox Regression

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: Command "margin" after Cox Regression
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2011 00:38:57 +0100

The problem with -margins- is likely to be that you are asking a question that it cannot answer.

So, people who know about this kind of thing will want to see what you typed before as your -stcox- command.

Yuval Arbel

I'm trying to run the following command after the Cox Regression:

. margins, at(max_red=20) atmeans predict(basesurv)

I'm getting the following error note:

prediction is a function of possibly stochastic quantities other than e(b)

On the other hand, when I'm running:

 predict a1,basesurv
(8405 missing values generated)

The command works fine.

My question is what is the problem with the command "margins"?