st: RE: Test for the difference between two ratios

From   "Scholes, Shaun" <s.scholes@ucl.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: Test for the difference between two ratios
Date   Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:38:27 +0000

Marcos, try avoid using if when using svy commands for subpopulations. Instead you should use the over command: e.g

svy:ratio x/y,over(gender)

Having done that it appears as though you can use the lincom command to test the difference between the two ratios.

An excellent example using lincom after svy:mean can be found in the STATA manual for survey data: section "svy postestimation".

Hope this helps
Shaun