st: how to set the memory size

From   Tuki <kalebrave@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: how to set the memory size
Date   Tue, 25 Oct 2011 04:47:17 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I encountered a problem in processing a huge number of data in stata.  I try
to use the command “set memory”, unfortunately, my system only allow me to
set maximum memory to 900m. But I need to process more than 10 million
observation, which requires much more than 900m in stata.  How to increase
the memory of stata to meet my requirement of the space for the data?

Many thanks in advance!