Re: st: reshaping + info from label

From   Abhimanyu Arora <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: reshaping + info from label
Date   Tue, 25 Oct 2011 02:46:32 +0200

Thanks Nick, let me pls elaborate the problem.
The reason why -ds- or your -findname- come into the picture is
because I would like to take some strings out of the variable label
and place them into the data.
So let us consider only one variable variable1ab. "A B" is the
variable label for the variable variable1ab and I would like to create
2 new variables taking up the values (two strings from the label) A
and B and the third variable takes up the original value of the
variable. The reason for all this is that I would eventually like to
take some correlations -by- A and B (this information is available in
the variable label).
Cheers
Abhimanyu