Re: st: a couple questions about "mim"

From   Richard Williams <>
To, <>
Subject   Re: st: a couple questions about "mim"
Date   Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:43:43 -0500

At 03:13 PM 10/24/2011, Haiyong Xu wrote:
Hi there,
I have two questions about "mim".
1. I used "estat store" after "mim: reg" model in Stata. It gave me an error
msg of "last estimation results not found, nothing to store". Does that mean
I can't use "estat" after "mim"? Thanks.

I wonder if you need the -storebv- option? See -help mim##replay-, and the warnings it gives about post-estimation commands after -mim-.

2. I used the following command
mim, category(fit): ivregress 2sls cbcl_tot ${indv} (safe = total_crime),

But Stata didn't show me the first-stage result.
Could anybody tell me why? Thanks.

Here is my guess (possibly wrong): A command can compute all sorts of intermediate results. -mim- isn't going to give you all those intermediate numbers. It is just going to give you the final estimates. My guess is that it doesn't even estimate a single set of coefficients for the first stage results, i.e. it may compute, say, 20 different first-stage estimates, but it doesn't bother to combine them into a single set of first-stage estimates.

If you wanted, you could add the -noisily- option to -mim-. But my guess is that it would just deluge you with output.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu