Re: st: mlogtest after mlogit

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: mlogtest after mlogit
Date   Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:10:14 +0200

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Chiara Mussida wrote:
> I cannot share the file with all statalister!

You don't have to, nor did Nick ask you to. All we need is _a_ example
that reproduces your problem. You can use any dataset that is
generally available to all statalisters.

If you cannot find a file that will reproduce your problem than you
_must_ say _exactly_ what you typed and _exactly_ what Stata told you
in return. I suspect there is a problem with your -mlogit- model that
you are not telling us. But since you are not telling us, we cannot
help you.

> Sure mlogtest is typewritten and I did not gave you this information,
> not for being frammentary but because I engenously thought it was not
> relevato: i'm so sorry! Now I got it: the program is typewritten by J.
> Scott Long and Jeremy Freese.

You should have known that this is relevant, because it is in the
Statalist FAQ <>.
Moreover, you are still not giving us the relevant information: Where
did you get it? What version is it?

Nick asked you to (re)read the Statalist FAQ before posting again. Did
you do so?

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie