RE: st: SEM: Using individually-varying time scores in latent growth model

From   Cameron McIntosh <>
Subject   RE: st: SEM: Using individually-varying time scores in latent growth model
Date   Fri, 21 Oct 2011 21:19:05 -0400

In Mplus you should have been using the TSCORES option -- I'm not sure exactly how you implemented the 'time in study' approach you mention, or what methodological reference you found it in. Anyway, I don't think there is an automated procedure in Stata's SEM to do this. You should have a look at:
Blozis, S.A., & Cho, Y.I. (2008). Coding and centering of time in latent curve models in the presence of interindividual time heterogeneity. Structural Equation Modeling, 15(3), 413-433.
King, D.W., King, L.A., McArdle, J.J., Grimm, K., Jones, R.T., & Ollendick, T.H. (2006). Characterizing Time in Longitudinal Trauma Research. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 19(2), 205–215. ;
You may need gllamm or xtmixed to implement the methods.
Rabe-Hesketh, S. & Skrondal, A. (2008). Multilevel and Longitudinal Modeling Using Stata (2nd ed.).  College Station, TX: Stata Press.