st: SEM: Using individually-varying time scores in latent growth model

From   Jacqueline Homel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: SEM: Using individually-varying time scores in latent growth model
Date   Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:06:05 -0700

Dear List,

I am using SEM (Stata 12) to estimate a latent growth model of depression measured at four time points between adolescence and early adulthood. Previously I have estimated this model in MPlus, and now I am trying to learn how to produce the same results using SEM. The below model works fine-

sem (dep_3 <- Idep@1 Sdep@0 _cons@0)
(dep_5 <- Idep@1 Sdep@1 _cons@0)
(dep_7 <- Idep@1 Sdep@2 _cons@0)
(dep_9 <- Idep@1 Sdep@3 _cons@0),
latent(Idep Sdep)
 var(e.dep_3@var e.dep_5@var
 e.dep_7@var e.dep_9@var)
 noconstant means(Idep Sdep) method(mlmv)

However, although observation points were two years apart, not all participants were interviewed at the same time, leading to individually-varying times of observation. Earlier analyses using MPlus used 'time in study' to represent time, rather than 0, 1, 2, 3. Is there a way to incorporate these varying time scores into a growth model using SEM?

Kind regards,

Jacqui