re:st: RE: RE: looping a regression, exporting the graphs

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   re:st: RE: RE: looping a regression, exporting the graphs
Date   Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:47:56 -0400

Tim said

I run it twice due to the addition of extra conditions in the second run, I suppose I could create another variable to go in the varlist sequence, but it's probably not worth it and I can at least see what the difference is here, rather than guessing some time later what I have coded up. I used capture noisily because I was finding my analysis was stopping and not graphing (or at least stopping halfway through the run, but I may need to revisit this to see why - I think due to collinearity in the regression but I'll have to take another look.

You can also condition producing the graph on success in the estimation: e.g.,

sysuse auto,clear
forv i=3/6 {
	capt reg price mpg weight turn displacement if rep78==`i'
	if !_rc {
		predict double res`i' if e(sample), res
		scatter res`i' mpg, ti("Graph #`i'")

Although there is no regression #6, it just skips working with the nonexistent results.

Kit Baum   |   Boston College Economics and DIW Berlin   |
An Introduction to Stata Programming   |
An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata   |