Re: st: plotting marginal effect for xtreg interaction terms

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: plotting marginal effect for xtreg interaction terms
Date   Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:23:17 +0200

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:54 PM, lreine ycenna <> wrote:
> I seem to have made an error somewhere in my command, but I don't know where.
> (1) stata returns an error message after the first line of my command
> is entered (xtreg Y A B AxB, fe)- independent variables are collinear
> with the panel variable cn r(198);

It probably means that the combination of A and B is constant within
the groups for which you defined fixed effects. So you cannot estimate
that model.

> (2) I'm not sure whether I can plot the marginal effect for xtreg.
> Correct me if im wrong.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie